The rarity was one of four NGC-certified coins that fetched over $ 100,000 at the November auction.
A Numismatic Guaranty Company (NGC) certified Seated Liberty Dime with a key date fetched 180,000 US dollars in the US Coins Signature Auction presented by Heritage Auctions on November 11, 2021.
The 1873-CC Arrows NGC MS-65 (Lot 3532), graded pennies, is one of two certified coins. The arrows mean that the weight gain of the penny met the legal requirements for the metric weight standards of the coins.
Other NGC-certified highlights on sale were:
- an 1872-CC Liberty Head Double Eagle with NGC MS-61 (Lot 3700) that fetched $ 144,000
- an 1873-CC Seated Liberty Dollar valued NGC MS-61 and pedigree by Eliasberg (lot 3593) for $ 114,000
- a 1799 Eagle graded NGC MS-64 (Lot 3674) that raised $ 102,000
- a 1915-S Panama-Pacific Round $ 50 rated NGC MS-64+ (Lot 3738), which grossed $ 99,000
- a 1907 high relief Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle graded NGC PF-66 (lot 3719) that fetched $ 87,000
- an 1855-O gold dollar graded NGC MS-65+ (Lot 3637), which grossed $ 75,000
- an 1875-CC Liberty Head Eagle with NGC MS-60 (Lot 3681) that fetched $ 75,000
All realized prices include buyer’s buyer’s premium.
Press release courtesy of Numismatic Guaranty Company.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
Article Source : http://news.coinupdate.com/rare-ngc-certified-1873-cc-dime-realizes-six-figures-in-heritage-sale/