The mint state survivor
An early silver dollar
A 1796 Small Date and Large Letters silver dollar is another highlight of the auction. Designed by Robert Scott, these silver dollars set a standard for future dollar minting that paved the way for Morgan and Peace dollars. This well-preserved coin is graded NGC MS-63 (Lot 4044).
A rare coin condition from 1870
In the meantime, one of the rarest dates for a Seated Liberty half dollar is also attracting attention in the auction (lot 4037). Minted in Carson City, this mint only produced 54,617 of the 1870 coins. This particular coin is rated NGC MS-62 and has the highest rating among the 115 examples listed in the NGC Census.
Further NGC-certified highlights in the sale are:
- an 1843 half cent restrike with NGC PF-66 RB and family tree of the Donald G. Partrick Collection (lot 4003)
- a 1921 Walking Liberty NGC MS-64 valued at half a dollar+ (Lot 4040)
- an 1895-O Morgan Dollar graded NGC MS-61 (Lot 4076)
- an 1895 Morgan Dollar valued NGC PF-65 cameo (Lot 4073)
- an 1873 three dollar gold Open 3 graded NGC PF-66 Ultra Cameo (4098)
- an 1881 three-dollar gold NGC MS-64 (lot 4100)
- a 1795 Small Eagle Halbadler with NGC MS-61 (Lot 4102)
- a 1802/1 half eagle NGC MS-65 (Lot 4111)
- a 1796 Eagle rated NGC AU-58 (Lot 4126)
- a Saint-Gaudens double-headed eagle from 1912 with NGC PF-65 (lot 4140)
Press release courtesy of Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
Article Source : http://news.coinupdate.com/ngc-certified-mint-state-1797-half-eagle-featured-in-stacks-bowers-sale/